Excavation is an important part of the building process. Since this step sets the stage for your entire project, it’s a good idea to do some research before you hire an excavation company. Getting recommendations from others and doing a thorough inquiry into the experience and qualifications of different excavation companies can help avoid costly mistakes down the road.
Ask Prior Clients
To get started, ask friends, family and business connections for names of excavation companies they have worked with in the past. When looking for recommendations, here are some questions to ask to gather information for your decision-making process.
- What was the scope of your project?
- Did the company complete the project to your specifications?
- Was the company able to work with your budget?
- Were there any issues during the project?
- Did the company finish within the projected timeframe?
- What equipment and materials did they use?
- Would you use this company again?
Ask the Company Directly
Once you have a list of recommended companies, contact the companies to learn more about their expertise and availability. Some information can be found on the excavation companies’ websites but contacting them for an estimate is also recommended. Here are some questions to ask to help you make an informed decision.
- What certifications, licenses, and permits do your company have?
- How much experience does your company and employees have in the industry?
- How much experience do you have completed projects like yours?
- What is the training process for employees?
- What safety protocols do you have in place?
- What is your experience working with other building professionals?
Asking these questions will make it easier to select an excavation company that meets your needs.
D2 LLC is an excavation company with extensive experience and strong customer service in the Washington DC metropolitan region. Contact us today, at (301) 800-7883! to learn more about what we do and how we can help your future project.